- Investment Pipeline Development: SSG Advisors deployed multiple teams across six countries to identify, screen, and rank an initial pipeline of more than $1.1B USD in bankable agriculture infrastructure projects as candidates for Agricultural Fast Track (AFT) grants to improve food security
- Deal Implementation: With input from USAID, the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), and the African Development Bank (AfDB), SSG Advisors provided investment preparation services to two companies that qualified for support based on financial viability and development impact.
- Facility Design: SSG Advisors provided support to the USAID/SIDA/AfDB Working Group by designing the AFT, including development of operational guidelines and implementation of the Coordinating Unit (CU) within the AfDB.
- AfDB Technical Assistance: SSG Advisors worked closely with the AFT CU to develop an efficient grant application process, an effective grants management plan, a comprehensive communications strategy, and an extensive database of contacts in the finance communities of six African countries.
- Raising Capital: With the help of the business plans, financial models, and impact assessments developed by SSG Advisors, Accra-based produce distributor Eden Tree Ltd. is in late stage negotiations to secure financing from an impact investing partnership. Having raised capital from a buyer, Burkinabé mango exporter Fruiteq has begun construction of their new processing facility.
- Operational AFT: The AFT CU is fully operational with a firmly established governance structure and an effective and transparent application review process. the grants management procedures have also been implemented and the first AFT-funded activities have been performed.