Building on earlier analytical work on the efficacy of seed industry partnerships, SSG Advisors is leading a scoping mission to connect with potential members of a new Alliance for Seed Industry in West Africa. These stakeholders will include national and multinational agriculture input companies, government agencies, trade associations, and other relevant organizations that have a vested interest in the sustainable growth of West Africa’s seed industry.
In close cooperation with the West and Central African Council for Agricultural Research and Development (CORAF), SSG is employing its proven STEP methodology to:
- Hold stakeholder meetings in Senegal, Ghana, and Nigeria.
- Create specific stakeholder maps for each country, including potential partners and opportunities for shared value, each partners’ potential contribution to an alliance, and possible geographic foci.
- Develop a stakeholder mapping tool for use by CORAF to create similar stakeholder maps in Benin, Mali, and Cote D’Ivoire.
- Host a Seed Partnerships Workshop that will review the results of the stakeholder mapping exercise and introduce key participants to the basic principles of public-private partnerships.
- Develop a work plan for forming the planned Alliance for Seed Industry in West Africa (ASIWA).